January 13, 2013

WWE Extreme Rules 2010

Why I bought it: WWEshop.com was running some great deals at the time. I got this dvd plus a t-shirt from the event for $5. I had just thrown a few t-shirts in the garbage and was looking to replenish my collection.

Thoughts: WWE Extreme Rules 2011 was the second best PPV of 2011 and WWE Extreme Rules 2012 was the best PPV of 2012. Traditionally, this is my favorite PPV. However, whereas 2011 and 2012 had cards that were different enough from Wrestlemania to pique my interest, this PPV suffered from having a card full of Wrestlemania rematches. I will say that Mysterio vs. Punk and Edge vs. Jericho in a steel cage were both great matches that outclassed their Wrestlemania counterparts, and that Triple H vs. Sheamus in a street fight was okay, but the main event, Batista vs. John Cena in a Last Man Standing match was total bullshit. Cena, in what can only be seen as hugely heel move, taped Batista's feet to the ring post, which prevented Batista from being able to get to his feet by the count of 10. This is the worst ending to a Last Man Standing match I have ever seen and soured me toward the whole PPV. I don't think that it helps that this was WWE's first PPV without Shawn Michaels.

Should I have bought it: No. I have worn the shirt twice and realized that there is no reason to have an event-specific shirt for an event I did not attend. Plus, this is a DVD not a Blu-ray.

1 comment:

  1. 0 for 2 thus far at "Should I have bought it." I like this very candid statistic.

    ReplyDelete