January 29, 2013

The Wire: Season 1


Why I bought it: Well, after illegally downloading it and enjoying it, I was content on never buying it. However, after getting through the entire series and realizing that if I bought it I could log this and get closer to 100, I bought this on iTunes.

Thoughts: It took me six months to watch the first two episodes of this season. It was good enough TV, but it was long and not that engaging. However, after a few more episodes, I was hooked. Some people say this is the worst season, but this season heavily featured my two favorite characters of the entire series. I loved this season. And I know in my review of the final season I said I would never watch this series again because it was so disturbing, but I have since changed my tune. I can't wait to eventually go back and watch every season again. It just might be a few years before I do that. Maybe when Danielle lifts her ban on "stressful shows" before we go to bed.

Hang in there Sweeney. This show is amazing and it needs to be enjoyed by everyone. It's been beaten to death, but the characters in this show are unforgettable. Baltimore is unforgettable. The stories are unforgettable. Even the theme song is unforgettable. Fuck this is a good show.

Should I have bought it: Yes. A thousand times yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment