January 15, 2013

The Wire Season 4


Why I bought it: I didn't, but I still felt it merited logging.

Thoughts: The blessing and the curse of The Wire is that each season has an entirely different focus. This season focused on the four kids featured on the above cover. As such, it takes a few episodes before I can get into the story. However, once I got passed that, I was rewarded with a great season. Despite the fact that I felt like I was getting PTSD from all the scenes in the classroom, I was ready to declare this my favorite season. However, after finishing the season finale last night around 2 AM, I could not sleep. The series had already been giving me all kinds of nightmares, but that episode was so disturbing that I could not settle down, much less sleep. This show has been affecting me so much that I decided right then and there that I must finish season 5 before going back to bed.

Should I have bought it: I have never been much for buying TV seasons as I don't often revisit seasons I've already made it through. It's too much of a commitment. Plus, there is no way I could ever get Danielle through a single episode of this nightmare-inducer.

1 comment:

  1. We had opposite but similarly impressive reactions to the nightmares we both had after finishing Season 4. You went straight into Season 5, whereas I said "even though that was the best season of television I've ever seen, I have to take a month off. This shit is killing me right now."

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete