January 17, 2013

WWE Raw: Best of Season 2

Why I bought it: It was too good of a deal and I figured I'd revisit my childhood.

Thoughts: Match quality was far better than 1993, but star power was down. No more Hulk Hogan, no more Ric Flair, no more Mr. Perfect, no more Macho Man. Still, I found myself paying much closer attention to the matches in this set. The matches involving Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, 1-2-3 Kid and Razor Ramon were actually all quite good. However, my favorite part of this set is the ongoing storyline between IRS and Tatanka. IRS was after Tatanka because he insisted that Tatanka needed to pay a gift tax on his ceremonial headdress. Inaccuracies aside, I thought that was hilarious. Also, there was a woman's match between Alundra Blayze and Bull Nakano that was surprisingly good. It made today's Diva division look like shit.

Should I have bought it: Yes. The match quality and entertainment value was surprisingly high. However, at around 6 hours, it was sometimes a bit of a chore to watch.


3 comments:

  1. Did Yokozuna do anything noteworthy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually had some decent matches. The man's superkick is impressive even by today's standards. His mobility was extraordinary for a man his size.

      Delete
  2. For a while I thought this was the exact same DVD art as the previous season. I mean, it is, but it took me a while to even notice the numbers were any different.

    ReplyDelete