January 18, 2013

WWE Royal Rumble 2011

Why I bought it: At the time, I thought it would be cool to get blu-rays and posters of all the PPVs I attend. As this came with the poster, it seemed like the perfect fit. However, after attending Summerslam 2011 and having that not come out on blu-ray, the plan quickly deteriorated.

Thoughts: The Royal Rumble will always be my favorite night of television of the whole year. The fact that I attended this particular one gives it a special place in my heart. The experience at the Rumble is one of the funnest things I have done in my life, from counting down each entrant, to going nuts for Diesel for no reason, to seeing that dude singing and dancing to everyone's theme song, it was an amazing experience I got to spend with my friends. It also kicked off our PPV ordering spree (I miss those days. PPVs now cost me $55 and belt jr. is not on the line). Going back and experiencing it on TV showed me some things I had not noticed from way up in the stands. For instance, Edge was holding his neck a lot. This was not part of the match either as Dolph did nothing to kayfabe hurt Edge's neck. I was cringing the whole time knowing that Edge would retire in 2 months because of a neck injury that might have caused him to never walk again had he landed wrong. Reliving the moment in which the anonymous GM announced Eve as the fourth competitor in the Diva's Title match was awesome. It sucked all the life out of the crowd and made me laugh. The WWE Championship match between Randy Orton and The Miz reminded me of why I hate Orton. The guy is boring. The Royal Rumble was still great. The crowd went nuts for Booker and Diesel. I just wish everyone crapped all over Cena more. The guy single-handedly eliminated all of Nexus. Why? Anyway, this might not have been the best Rumble ever, but it is the one I will remember most fondly.

One last thing I should say that the video quality on this blu-ray is atrocious. I could have gotten away with buying the DVD.

Should I have bought it: Definitely.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, this was a great night. May WrestleMania be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have sword Cena had some help from Hornswaggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's debatable. Cena had eliminated all of Nexus except CM Punk prior to Hornswoggle entering the ring. As Hornswoggle entered the ring, both Cena and Punk were on the ground. Though CM Punk was a bit distracted by Hornswoggle, Cena eliminated Punk without any physical help from the little guy. Then, Hornswoggle and Cena teamed up to eliminate the next couple entrants. Either way, the Boston crowd should have shit on it more than they did.

    ReplyDelete