January 11, 2013

Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D


I'm gonna try out a new format for my posts.

Why I bought it: I bought this Blu-ray right around the time I bought my 3DTV with the thought that I need some reason to justify the 3D functionality. Plus, it was the cheapest 3D Blu-ray at Best Buy. Plus, I love dinosaurs.

Thoughts: Patagonia, a region in Argentina, is a place in which 10% of the species of dinosaurs on record have been discovered. Moreover, both the largest herbivore and carnivore were discovered here. You could even say these two species were Giants of Patagonia. Anyway, this documentary managed to take something so interesting (dinosaurs) and make it anything but. Though the 3D effects were cool, the fact that there were interviews with only one guy and there were only a few dinosaurs featured made this thing not worth my 40 minutes. There wasn't much information presented that I didn't already know and the computer animated dinosaurs looked pretty pathetic.

Should I have bought it: Hell no.

3 comments:

  1. With this in mind I heard that they are bringing back Jurassic park in IMAX. I think we should go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting released on my bachelor party weekend. Hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KEITH STAY OUT OF THE PLANNING PROCESS

    ReplyDelete