January 19, 2013

Muppets From Space


Why I bought it: I bought it for Danielle for our anniversary, but pretty much any movie I buy for Danielle just becomes part of my collection. We saw The Muppets on our engagement weekend so this was less unromantic than you might think.

Thoughts: This is my favorite Muppet movie. It stands the test of time. Pepe the King Prawn needs to be featured in more Muppet movies because he is pretty hilarious in this one. From tricking Gonzo into building a jacuzzi to celebrating after winning a hand of Poker with two 2s, he had me smiling. I also liked the fact that Rizzo and Gonzo were big parts of it as well. As much as Kermit and Piggy are awesome, they aren't always the most entertaining. Anyway, the plot is pretty simple. Gonzo realizes that everyone but him has a real family of their own (we even get to see Kermit's nephew Robin). He wonders were he comes from and it quickly becomes apparent that he is not of this world. Hijinks ensue. I might be biased as I watched this a lot as a child, but this is a great film. I recommend it highly to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Should I have bought it: Danielle liked it so yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment