January 30, 2013

Game of Thrones Season 1


I started game of thrones 3 times before I finally managed to stick with it. The first time I tried watching I was not Above The Influence as no kids actually say, stupid television anti drug commercials... Anyway the second time I started watching was because Kyle forced me to and that didn't stick either. This last and final attempt was the result of Stan and his desire to host a viewing of the first couple episodes. We watched the first 3 and I was hooked. I needed to know what happened next. Looking back I can understand stopping after episode one, there are like 35 characters and it's hard to keep track of people and plot and random boobies, but I couldn't imagine stopping after the second or third episode. Even now as I am typing these words I can only think of how I am going to get my hands on the second season.

I won't bother doing a synopsis because it's already been done on this blog and I am sure Sweeney's post is only moments behind mine. I will say that the twists are great and they are willing to kill any character. I can't claim to know what happens in the books and wether or not this is a honest retelling or if the producers took any liberties but I can say that it is one hell of a story. I've been told there are several more key players in this story that I am yet to meet. Also I definitely saw a dragon. I won't say when or why but this show has dragons. Fuck yea!


1 comment:

  1. Glad it stuck, and glad to see the blog at large jumping on board with both this show and The Wire at the same time. 2013 is gonna be a great year!

    The first season is a near-perfect adaptation of the first book. The second season was very close but slightly less so. The third book will allegedly be split into two seasons, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some Book 4 or Book 5 stuff thrown into either of those seasons; the timelines get murkier as the many characters separate geographically, and the show may be tempted to keep certain actors involved where the writer was content to sideline a few key characters for entire books at a time.

    ReplyDelete