January 24, 2013

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets


Why I bought it: It was on sale and I already had the first one.

Thoughts: This is very similar to the first one. Almost too similar. If you are someone who has seen the first one and liked it, you will probably like this one. However, I watched this one a day after seeing the first one and the experience made one thing very evident. It's almost the exact same story with a slightly different treasure. Scene for scene, it is almost identical. From Ben Gates trying to save his family name from shame to Ben Gates having to find the treasure to avoid jail time, the lack of originality here is somewhat disconcerting. No wonder I couldn't differentiate between the two after I saw them the first time. Still, it was a fun ride and I'm not that upset I watched it. It's an easy recommend for someone who liked the first one but hasn't watched it in a while. Say what you want, but Nic Cage is damn charismatic.

Should I have bought it: For the sake of the completeness of my collection, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment