January 29, 2013

Killers


Why I bought it: It was a misguided Christmas gift.

Thoughts: I dreaded having to watch this movie. I really did. The first 20 minutes did nothing to assuage my fears. The recently single Katherine Heigl is going on a romantic vacation with her parents. She meets Ashton Kutcher, who happens to only speak french. Did I mention he is an assassin working for a government organization? Anyway, after meeting KH, he decides he wants to shed his assassin ways and marry KH. He asks her father to marry her after knowing her for about a day. That would be fine, except the only thing we know about her father is that he is comically overprotective. All of the sudden, he is cool with her getting married to a guy he doesn't even know. Even that would be fine if we didn't learn later on that the father knew Ashton was an assassin the whole time. Anyway, the story itself isn't that bad. They move in to a house and start living the American dream. They go to block parties and even want to start a family. However, it seems someone has put a hit out on Ashton Kutcher and all his neighbors are just other assassins deep under cover. The concept itself is kinda cool, but the casting director is an idiot.

Should I have bought it: No. I wish it wasn't in my collection, but there are worse ways to spend 98 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Ashton Kutcher looks like a transexual on the cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make the case that Katherine Heigl does too.

      Delete