January 25, 2013

TMNT

Why I bought it: I wanted the first three movies on blu-ray and this movie came in this four pack. I couldn't resist the four pack as the packaging is amazing. It's a pizza box! And the discs all look like pizza!

Thoughts: Somehow I have managed to see this movie five separate times now (first time on blu-ray). Anyway, each time, I am surprised at how enjoyable it is. Though it is computer animated, it continues where the 3rd movie left off. I don't want to give too much away (I am lazy), but Leonardo is off in South America trying to figure out how to be a better leader. Meanwhile, the other turtles are floundering without him. April O'Neil convinces Leonardo to come back just in time for a foe other than Shredder to show up. There's a lot more fighting in this movie compared to the previous three, but still lots of humor. Without the nostalgia factor, I might not like the movie. But with it, it's great. Also, the fight scene in the rain between Leonardo and Raphael is visually stunning.

Should I have bought it: The discs look like pizza!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I remember being pleasantly surprised by this one but also surprised that I was surprised to enjoy it. Something about the Turtles in CGI.

    ReplyDelete