January 4, 2013

CM Punk: Best in the World

As the first "WWE Home Video" I have purchased in going on 5 years, it was going to be hard for this one not to disappoint. The problem with these kinds of movies is that most of the content is matches that I have already seen. Moreover, wrestling matches lose much of their luster when you view it with the knowledge of the outcome. Though wrestling is predetermined, it is still fun to watch it live. If my favorite wrestler still has a chance of winning, I'm more interested. With that being said, this contains a 2-hour documentary along with 8 hours of matches so it is tough to complain. The documentary is very informative, though not as interesting as previous ones I have seen. Though it's cool to see all the interviews with his family and friends, at the end of the day, CM Punk comes off as a prick. It's clear that his character on TV is not as far from reality as one might think. He's still a great wrestler, but I don't like watching 2 hours of him talking about how he was held back in the WWE for too long (these are not in-character rants, either). However, the main reason I bought this was just to have a copy of his Money in the Bank match against John Cena from 2011 on Blu-ray. The atmosphere in that match is something I had never seen before and may never seen again. I watch wrestling for years at a time in hopes of experiencing something like that. Hopefully, we get something like that at Wrestlemania.

No comments:

Post a Comment