January 24, 2013

Kill Alex Cross


Why I bought it: I didn't. My grandpa bought it twice because he is forgetful and I benefited.

Thoughts: This post is monumental in the fact that it is the first book I have ever logged. I started this book a couple months ago, and finished 60% of it tonight after dinner. To say the least, this is an easy read. Combine the fact that it has two-page chapters, large font and only 300 pages and you have a book that you can finish in one day if you really want to. Plus, it's fast-paced and fun. This book is definitely set up to make the reader feel smart. And you know what? I like that. I want to feel that, damn it!

 While I have seen Alex Cross in movies (Along Came a Spider), I have never read an Alex Cross book. In fact, I have never read a James Patterson book. I was pleasantly surprised. Not because he's the most amazing writer in the world, but because the experience was rewarding. I guess sometimes it's good to experience a story in a non-visual form.

As far as the plot goes, it wasn't that strong. There wasn't a lot of detail and the terrorist and kidnapping plots were foiled a little too easily for my taste. But, I'll take an easy read over a book with Dickensian-level detail (The Wire!) any day of the week.

Should I have bought it: Yes, because it reminded me that it's fun to read a book every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. So not that it's a competition or anything but Marissa is still 18 Alex Cross posts ahead of you. By the way, it's totally a competition.

    ReplyDelete