January 29, 2013

Men In Black


Why I bought it: When I first acquired my Blu-ray player, I was obsessed with amassing as many movies as possible. This was one of the five free Blu-rays I got when I opened up a Sony Credit Card.

Thoughts: Damn this movie ages well. While 2 and 3 were terrible, this movie is still really enjoyable. Will Smith is funny, but Tommy Lee Jones is amazing in this movie. He plays the straight man in a ridiculous movie. Without him, this movie would not work. I'm sure he was great in Lincoln, but this is my favorite role of his. I could watch this movie over and over again.

Should I have bought it: In retrospect, I wish I hadn't opened that credit card. Either way, I'm glad I own this movie.

1 comment:

  1. I completely hated MIB 2 and haven't seen MIB 3 but the last time I saw this one - probably several years ago - I was actually shocked by how dated it felt. Now, that doesn't mean it's aged poorly; I think I was just blown away by "cool cop" Will Smith chasing down the alien in the beginning in orange hammer pants and an XXXXXXL white t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete