January 25, 2013

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back


Why I bought it: I got this in a buy one get one free sale on Amazon right after I got my PS3.

Thoughts: After seeing all of Kevin Smith's "View Askiewniverse" movies, it becomes clear that this movie is strictly fan service. Pretty much every important player from Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy make appearances in this movie (Ben Affleck and Jason Lee play multiple characters). It relies heavily on "in jokes" and just general silliness from Jay and Silent Bob. The one thing that stood out about this movie compared to Kevin Smith's other movies is the sheer amount of star power. From Chris Rock to Will Ferrell to Sean William Scott to Shannon Elizabeth to Princess Leia to Luke Skywalker to Ben Affleck to Matt Damon, it is clear that Kevin Smith convinced Miramax to give him a larger budget than usual. Anyway, even if you haven't seen his other movies, this is still pretty funny. In fact, I know a good amount of people who love this movie and didn't even know Silent Bob directed the movie.

Should I have bought it: Yes, but it would have been smarter to wait until it went down in price.

No comments:

Post a Comment