January 28, 2013

Top Gun


Why I bought it: It came in a Tom Cruise five pack that seemed like a steal at $25 using my Amazon gift certificate.

Thoughts: Really? People like this movie? Why did Tom Cruise not get rid of his unibrow? Why were there only three songs played over and over again this entire movie? Why did Tom Cruise think that girl was attractive? Why were Ice Man and Slider in love with each other? Why did they play beach volley ball in jeans and no shirt? How did they know those bad guy fighter jets were going to be in that location 24 hours before they were actually there? Why did they send two fighter jets against six? Why was there no justification for 90% of what transpired during this movie? Why, after proving to be one of the most valuable fighter pilots in the United States just one day after graduating from Top Gun, was Tom Cruise allowed to become a Top Gun instructor? Why, after almost everything else in the entire movie was "classified", were the newspapers allowed to run a story about Maverick taking down those enemy fighter jets? Shouldn't his identity have been kept secret? At least until after the war ended? Why did the ending credits have videos of each actor overlaid with their names and who they played only to also have each actor's name and who they played in the scrolling credits? Why did I watch this? Why did I buy this?

Should I have bought it: It didn't cost me a dime, but I wan't my 2 hours back. No.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of questions to which I have no answers. I think you just Guy Fieri-reviewed the shit out of Tom Cruise. Careful, he might sue.

    ReplyDelete