April 1, 2011

March 2011 Recap

I logged 13 things in March, making it my fifth-worst month (quantitatively) out of the twenty months this blog has existed. Sweeney made three posts, tying his own all-time low in the same amount of time. Webber posted once, tying his own all-time low (a low he has achieved nine times in fifteen months, by the way). Marissa and Trevor each posted only twice. Brian was silent for the first time ever. Keith posted nothing for the second straight month.

Guys. March was terrible.

Granted, we have our excuses. Jobs got in the way. Springtime got in the way. Brithday parties and family dinners and budding relationships and business trips and funerals got in the way. Life happens. That's cool. That makes sense. And, yeah, I know that the things we read, watched, and beat this month were in general much longer and more effort-evoking than the things we've read, watched, and beaten in other months. Still, we can do better than 21 combined posts, right? I know that I can on my own, in a good month.

Last month, I said I wanted to use the month of March to do a bit of "spring cleaning," so to speak. When the month began I was in the midst of eight video games, four books, two TV seasons, and that Shrek 3D set. I finished off one game, two books, both seasons, and the Shrek movies, giving me a 6/15 mark on my spring cleaning. That's really about as well as I expected to do (although only finishing one of eight video games is, I'll admit, frustrating). I liked the break from my usual system of creating monthly goals. That said, in April, I'll return to specific goals. Let's see them!
  • Closing Time - I'm roughly 250/460 pages in, and this is the top reading priority for the month.
  • Portrait of an Artist, as an Old Man - Because why not finish off the Heller collection once and for all?
  • Angela's Ashes - I'm Ireland-bound in May, so it'd be cool to get this partially-Ireland-set book read before then.
  • The Sopranos: Season 2 - The "roommate" and I just watched the first episode of this 13-episode season. If I can't finish it this month, it's her fault entirely.
  • The Corner - This six-episode HBO miniseries may be just the jumping off point that I need in order to get back into The Wire.
  • Pain - I'm not sure what constitutes "beating" this PS3 download. Perhaps I've already done so.
  • Infamous - Speaking of PS3 and spring cleaning, it's time to actually play through this game.
  • Counter-Strike - For literally no reason aside from its brevity and my desire to get back into gaming. Besides, it's not like this shooter is getting any less dated.
That's eight specific goals. Factor in several movies and a random inspiration or two, and I've got myself a solid month. What do the rest of you plan on logging before May Day?

7 comments:

  1. Well, I set lofty goals last month and in the end attempted something completely different. I expect this month to be more of the same. Oh well. Ideally, I would finish the following by May:

    The Wind-up Bird Chronicle
    Here's the Situation
    Fallout 3
    LittleBigPlanet
    Operation: Armored Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And Friday Night Lights Season 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no goals, and I fulfilled them perfectly.

    This month is:

    Trigun
    Local
    Pokemon White
    Minecraft

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does one beat Minecraft?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can't be beaten, but you can lose. So for the month of April, I'll try to stay alive for as long as possible, and blog about the game and experience.

    ReplyDelete