January 8, 2013

Thunder in Paradise II


I bought this collection on a whim in 2005. Tricked by nostalgia, I have regretted the decision ever since. I watched the first of three movies in 2005, and here I am, watching the second almost 8 years later. The plot revolves around Hulk Hogan's kayfabe ex-wife being kidnapped by an incredibly racist depiction of what I think is a Persian Prince. Calling her his "dream wife" based on the fact that he dreamed about her once, he claimed fate had brought them together and that nothing could keep them apart. Hulk Hogan disagreed! Anyway, Hulk hulked up and defeated a warrior (Giant Gonzalez of the WWE - who interestingly enough faced Undertaker at Wrestlemania 9. Undertaker escaped with a win because Gonzalez got DQ'd for using chloroform). Because Hulk won the battle, he was deemed their new Warlord and was awarded 12 virgins. However, to accept his prize, he would have to first be castrated by a very fat, very white Persian Guard (Typhoon of the WWE). Instead of losing his balls, he grabbed his ex-wife and fought off all those damn Persians. This movie was hilarious, but still pretty horrible. It marks the second to last DVD in my collection (third if you count Tales from the Crypt Season 5).

1 comment:

  1. Pfft, yeah - "IF" we count Tales From the Crypt Season 5.

    I started to wonder what the point of twelve virgin-slaves would be if you were castrated but then I caught myself in the middle of examining plot holes in a Terry "Hulk" Hogan movie and lost all curiosity immediately.

    ReplyDelete