January 19, 2013

Mrs. Doubtfire


Why I bought it: My dad used to quote this movie all the time and it was only $5 back when blu-rays were nearly impossible to find under $19.99.

Thoughts: I watched this movie in Lake Tahoe with my parents and Danielle. We all remember this movie fondly. The first half of this movie was very entertaining and brought me back to my childhood. The second half of this movie is all just awkward situations in which Robin Williams has to be in two places at once. Rather than canceling one commitment, he decides to change in public restrooms between Mrs. Doubtfire and himself multiple times. Back when Robin Williams' crazy over-the-top act wasn't old and stale, this movie was pretty good. Now, though it holds a special place in my heart, it is nothing special. It holds up better than I expected and has more heart than most comedies released these days, but I can't say I recommend it to everyone.

Should I have bought it: Yes, for nostalgia and my dad's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment