August 18, 2010

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith


Ok. First Off. I feel Sith should be spelled Scith. It's just how I pictured it. Ok?

Now that we got that out of the way, Star Wars III. The final one! Honestly, now that I have seen it, there should be no one left that hasn't seen Star Wars because it's a classic that everyone talks about. So if anyone out there knows anyone who hasn't seen the movies, berate them. (Cough Sweeney)

Anywho, this movie was pretty awesome. Most of you hate me because I appreciate the new movies because of their special effects which add to the movie for me. This movie was good in addition to the effects though. It did a really great job of bringing the two trilogies together. Anakin is quite disturbing in this movie. I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it (which is just unforgivable) but the scene in the Jedi temple is absolutely horrifying. The fight at the end was epic though, and the movie essentially tied together all of the plot points missing from the 4-6. Good movie!

I tried to be more "vanilla" in this post and adhere to the usual back-blogged posts. I don't know if I like it. Old Marissa would have talked about R2D2, the return of Chewbacca, and Yoda's continued badassery. Oh well, I guess those things won't get talked about then.

4 comments:

  1. This was definitely my favorite of the first three (or last three? - i don't know, I hate this paradox)... the Anakin Skywalker trilogy. I loved it so much I saw it twice in theaters. I believe INCEPTION was the only other film I have done that to in the last five years. Although there's loads of CGI dumped across the scene, which bugs me as it does most people, I'm so focus in on the characters' struggle - the last attempt to stop evil, which you know they'll fail - that I don't even care. Besides, it is pretty impressive/epic at times.

    But it's that final scene that gets me. That transition from Padmé's death (bullshit to seeing Jar-Jar there mourning - I had hoped he was dead!) to baby Luke settled in on Tatooine is incredible. As soon as Luke's Theme chimes in, in a flash, the original trilogy plays out in my mind and reminds that episodes one and two were worthless. Then I sit in the corner and cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of these movies, and I probably won't. Sci-fi movies just aren't my cup of tea 90% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sween, Marissa's right. You deserve more crap for never having seen Star Wars. The "science fiction" is about as vanilla (buzzword!) as can be, with the only real futuristic elements being interstellar travel and laser weapons. It's a feel-good, light-hearted, simplistic-plotted story that survives (original trilogy at least) mostly on the character dynamics. Plus more than anything else, the whole franchise is so pop culture relevant that even the un-nerdiest of people are free to make all kinds of references.

    I'll stop selling, but only because I don't think the series needs an extensive pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me Stan, I've given Star Wars way more chances than I've ever wanted to and it just made me want to fall asleep. Plus, I've got enough on my backlog for now, maybe in a while when it's more cleared up I'll give the series one last shot.

    ReplyDelete