January 15, 2013

WWE Raw: The Best of Season 1

Why I bought it: I bought it in the same order was I bought Extreme Rules 2010. It was $5 and it came with The Best of Season 2 as well as a WWE Raw t-shirt. It seemed like a great value and I can't resist deals.

Thoughts: 1993 is probably one of the worst years in WWE history. The WWE lost Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan and would lose Macho Man the next. Unfortunately for WWE, they lacked star power and it shows in this set. They tried to show at least one match from Raw per month and there doesn't seem like there was a lot of content to choose from. The amount of Doink The Clown matches and matches that end in DQ were outstanding. One match with Mr. Perfect ended during the commercial break! The lumberjacks in the lumberjack match between Shawn Michaels and Hacksaw Jim Duggan wore plaid shirts. There was a Macho Midget. They showed multiple squash matches. There was not a lot of quality matches to be seen. However, it was somewhat enjoyable at some points due to nostalgia.

Should I have bought it: No, but at $5, I am not that upset. I have only worn the shirt once.

No comments:

Post a Comment