January 31, 2013

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown


Why I bought it: Pure nostalgia.

Thoughts: The disc contains the classic It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. We've all seen it. We all think we love it. We don't. I hope my kids are fooled into thinking they like it one day as well. Also on this disc is "It's Magic, Charlie Brown". That "special" is anything but. Out of the 23 minutes of air time, there is a grand total of 11 minutes of Snoopy doing stupid magic tricks that don't actually work the way he intends. His grand finale, however, actually turns Charlie Brown invisible. While invisible, Charlie Brown is able to finally kick the football. How did I not know about that? Anyway, this was just meh.

Should I have bought it: Depends on whether or not I eventually have kids who are as simple-minded as I once was.

1 comment: