January 4, 2013

The Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion



This is the second book in The Beyonders trilogy. I made the same mistake with this series that I did with The Hunger Games books. I picked up the first book out of curiosity and read it super fast, then I went and picked up and read the second book only to find out that the third book in the series wouldn't be released for several months. So I did it again and now I have to wait until March to find out how this children's fantasy series will end. In the meantime I have also started Brandon Mull's other series Fablehaven.

Book two wasn't as good, in many respects, as the firs book in the series. It seems to me more like The Two Towers in that it was very readable and definitely progressed the story along but its primary role was to set up for an epic third and final book. The book continues the story of Jason and Rachel, Beyonders, who have stumbled into another universe, Lyrian. Lyrian is controlled by an evil Wizard named Maldor and our protagonists are on a mission to destroy him. At the end of this story things seem bleak and their mission seems to have little hope of success, which in my opinion is a recipe for an amazing third book. We shall have to wait till March to find out what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment