January 5, 2013

Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star


This is the second book in the Fablehaven series and the fourth book I have read by Brandon Mull. Much like the first book in the series, this book is written at a middle school reading level which might help to explain why I have been tearing through these books so fast. As I read on in this series it is starting to give me a Harry Potter type of feel. The first book was a lot of background and an introduction of the overall magical concept. This second book has a little bit of recap and then jumps right into the action ending with an allusion to a more epic series of plot developments. I am going to continue reading on in this series, as book 2 is definitely better than book 1, I only expect the books to get more and more interesting as I progress through them. There are five books in total and I expect I should be able to read through the whole series by the end of the month if I take my time or within a week if I really put my mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment