January 23, 2013

Julie & Julia


Sometimes when I go home I forget to bring a book with me. I really like reading books before bed so that makes me a sad panda. So usually I search around my house until I find something halfway decent. Last time I was home, I found this book on my book shelf. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy it. I have no idea how it got there. But I have seen (and blogged about) the movie, so I figured I would give it a shot!

Hey, guess what?! This book is exactly the same as the movie. A sort of overweight foul mouthed government secretary drone is SICK AND TIRED of her life and decides to cook her way through Julia Child's Master the Art of French Cooking (I think that's the book, I didn't want to look it up). Anyways, antics ensue. She makes gelatin aspics. She kills lobsters. She tells zany stories about her friends (omitted from the movie). She becomes sorta food blog famous. Then she finishes and is happy and content with her life. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment