January 31, 2013

Toy Story 3


Why I bought it: Because it's Toy Story 3.

Thoughts: Each time I watch this film, I am always surprised at how a movie about toys can resonate with me so much. The fact that Pixar was able to create such an emotionally charged movie about toys is an incredible feat. Themes of growing up, growing apart, embracing change, the importance of love and the importance of friendship are all explored throughout this movie. And all of it is done so well. I cannot believe the emotional impact this movie can still have on me. On top of all that, it's just a really good time. No wonder this was nominated for best picture of the year. In all honesty, I think this should have won. This is without a doubt the best animated picture of all time.

Should I have bought it: Clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment