January 4, 2013

Fablehaven



So I had mentioned that after starting Brandon Mull's Beyonder series that I had also picked up his entire Fablehaven series. A series for which he is more popular. I like his style of writing but this series is very different from The Beyonders. That isn't to say I didn't like it, I did, it was just very different from what I expected. Which is probably a good thing. It shows that Brandon Mull has some range.

In this story two children end up staying with their grandpa for a couple weeks while their parents go on a cruise. The grandpa owns a huge estate with beautiful gardens and a pool. The only rule is that they are not allowed to go into the woods or into the barn. Suprise Suprise the children don't listen and they venture into the woods. It turns out that grandpa's estate isn't just any estate its actually a sanctuary for wild magical creatures. Soon they find themselves on a quest to save themselves, the sanctuary and the world. The book was very readable, evidenced by the fact that I read all 352 pages in one day.


1 comment:

  1. 2013: The year Webber reads ten thousand pages. I'M FEELING THIS.

    ReplyDelete