January 28, 2013

Breaking Bad: Season 4



Holy shit! The Back-Blog has exploded. Been seriously preoccupied for the past two weeks, and although I'm aware of the e-mails I've received on the all the comments being exchanged, I had no idea how many posts have accumulated. Truly awesome!

I'm excited to try and catch up and reach through as many posts as I can. For now, let me revisit a post I was drafting up only eight weeks ago. Breaking Bad: Season 4.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All caught up... Boo-ya!

Well, technically I'm still watching the first half of season five in iTunes, but for the sake of my back-list, I'm all caught up. 

It just keeps getting better and better. Story taking unsuspecting turns. Every actor's performance being top notch. I can already tell this is just going to mimic my post about season three (nothing but praises), so I'll switch things up a bit. Where the hell is this show going?

Show creator, Vince Gilligan, was on Colbert several weeks ago and mentioned how the show is set to conclude as a tragedy. Is Walt going to die? Going to jail? What's to happen to Jesse and the family? Like I said, haven't seen the mid-season conclusion to season five yet. I'm sure there are seeds planted there as to how things will unfold. Although (SPOILER) you do start off that season with what looks like a very desperate and broken Walt on the run having just acquired some BIG ASS gun. Not sure what to make from it, but I'm very excited. The only thing that seems to be clear is that cancer is no longer an issue. 

With this TV show coming to an end, I'm debating on what to start watching next. Season two of Walking Dead? Finally push my way through the first season of Mad Men? How about hoping on the Downton Abbey bandwagon? To be honest, the show I'm most curious about seeing is Twin Peaks. I'm not a very big David Lynch fan, but my parents own these DVDs. Why not give it a shot... or is this something I'm going to regret based on my previous Lynch experiences. Can anyone weigh in on what I'm in for? 

Also...

Everyone meet my new fostered puppy... Han Solo.

"Who are you calling scruffy-looking?"

3 comments:

  1. Daaaaaaw!

    If I were to rank those shows, it's probably:

    1) Mad Men
    2) Downton Abbey
    3) Walking Dead
    4) Twin Peaks

    as of right now. But as I've said, both Mad Men and Downton are slower shows that are heavy on character development over action (and Downton has basically become a soap opera at this point) so if you're not feeling either of them after a few episodes, I'm not going to push you any further. Walking Dead started off with an exciting short first season, then had a terrible second season, and is now finally back to being 'decent' so I can't really recommend pushing through that either. Then there's Twin Peaks, which has one fantastic central character, but a whole lot of boring stuff when he's not on the screen. I dunno. I say give Mad Men another few episodes, it's by far the best show in this list. If that doesn't work, I recommend... Final Fantasy X!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Han!

    Glad you love Breaking Bad. (Who doesn't?) As far as the story being a tragedy goes, here's a theory I've been kicking around for a season or two: the series has to end with Walt's family dying, perhaps at Walt's own hand. The tragedy is compounded because the whole reason the guy got into the meth business in the first place was to provide for and protect his family. And since he's closer to Jesse than his own son now anyway, maybe he ends up killing his own sons to save Jesse - or at least allowing "Flynn" to die or something. I dunno, just my own crackpot theories.

    I'll co-sign on Sween's ranks while pointing out that I haven't seen Twin Peaks. I will also co-sign on the FF10 recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screw Breaking Bad, why is no one talking about your foster puppy?!

    Absolutely freaking adorable! Bring him to Massachusetts!

    ReplyDelete