August 16, 2010

Gossip Girl (Book)

Wow. I'm embarrassed to have to post this. The tv show is one thing. But the book? What was I thinking. I read books on my phone, and this is one of the ones I downloaded for free. I thought what the heck, the show is enjoyable. Damn this book is bad. Plot summary: Blaire wants to have sex with her boyfriend Nate. Nate had sex with her best friend Serena. Serena returns from boarding school. Drama ensues.

It was awful, but short. It was also interesting to see where the tv show decided to go differently. My biggest issue with this book is that it was written for middle school kids, who definitely should not be getting this book. Basically, they talk about sex all the time. They are almost always high. They are rich so they just go to bars and it's ok. I just feel like it's not the best influence on young minds.

I really don't want to write anymore about this crappy book. Two to go!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. You only have twelve more titles to read before you complete this series! Also there appear to be four books from a second series called "Gossip Girl: The Carlyles" in addition to another ten that form a spin-off series called "The It Girl," featuring none other than your girl, Taylor "Momsen" J-Humps.

    You know you love me. X-O-X-O.

    ReplyDelete