August 17, 2010

Super Mario Galaxy


I don't play many video games and I am pretty sure this is my first post of this kind so bear with me as I try to wrap my mind around posting one. I liked this game a lot. I found that many levels took the physics generator in ways that I could not have possibly imagined. The game play was very familiar as far as Mario games are concerned. The new additions such as the bee suit and the spring suit were clever but not the greatest, I feel like they could have been more fun and more original. I initially set out with the goal of getting all 120 stars and soon realized that there were a couple of stars that I probably could have gotten with hours of investment but that my short fuse would not allow me to stick in there that long. After three or four wiimote throws I usually gave up and moved on to the next star. I beat the game as far as defeating Bowser and restoring the Mario Galaxy is concerned but I did it with few stars over the bare minimum. As far as the final fight is concerned I have played better. I felt like the final fight was a combination of a couple of the easier boss fights. It took me two tries and only because I messed up the first try. I don't think I even took a single hit of damage on my second, successful, attempt. I put the game down for several weeks and I am sad that I did because I was so close to finishing it on my first push.

3 comments:

  1. This game did what few others ever could; it made me feel like a kid again. Zooming around through bright and colorful galaxies to energetic and inspiring scores. It all just made me feel a sense of wonder that I probably hadn't had since Super Mario World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the game made me feel like a kid also but I would relate it more to the feeling I got when I played Mario 64 than Super Mario World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the wonderful world of video game posting. I'll suggest the site backloggery.com, it's been a nice help in organizing what I have played and have yet to, plus it's still pretty active with me Sheridan Stan and B-Town all updating now and then. Get crackin!

    ReplyDelete