July 31, 2010

Friday Night Lights Season 1


Before I watched this show, Steve asked me "Do you like the OC?" I say "Yes, it's my favorite." Steve: "Well you'll love this show then." I didn't see it at first but this show is quite similar to the OC plus some football. It has a really great cast of characters. You've got the loveable second string QB Matt Seracen, his awkward friend Landry, the superstar QB1 Jason Street, his cheerleader gf Lyla, his hard ass drunk best friend Riggins (Texas Forever!), Riggins slutty gf Tyra, and the annoying star running back "Smash". Oh and of course Mr. and Mrs. Coach and their daughter Julie. Man they are good characters. I really didn't like most of them when I started watching the show, but they grew on me throughout the season.

Here's what I can't get over though. Texas. C'mon. There is nobody that should care that much about high school football. It's high school! This team treats its athletes like royalty and probably doesn't give a shit about the Cowboys and Texans. Screw Sunday, friday nights are game nights!

This show was great though. You'll have to watch for yourself: can the Dillon Panthers win States after losing Jason Street (the best high school player in the US!!!)? Good luck to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment