August 29, 2010

Pretty Little Liars



Ok, so, after reading Gossip Girl 1, I tried to continue to Gossip Girl 2, but because I’m reading these books in a free e-format, the quality was horrible, and I said “Screw it, these books sucked anyways.” (I will continue watching the tv show though.) To make up for a little teen crappiness in my life, I started reading Pretty Little Liars. Yes! The very same Pretty Little Liars which is a hit teen show on ABC Family. As embarrassed as I am to read these, I enjoyed them! If anyone has ever seen the made for tv movie “The It Crowd” which is about a group of friends whose friend was murdered and all of a sudden weird things start happening around town. Good movie, which I would recommend, and kind of similar to Pretty Little Liars.

So the book begins with 5 girls in 7th grade. And I thought to myself, “I seriously can’t read a book that focuses around girls in 7th grade. That would just be too sad.” Good news for me though, the majority of the book takes place in 11th grade. Anywho, back to 7th grade. The girls are all pumped up because it was their last day of school and are all like “Let’s have a sleepover! Woo!”. They have a sleep over, and Ali, their super popular, pretty friend (who seems like a huge bitch) wants to hypnotize them. The other super popular over achiever, Spencer, is all like “Na uh, you aint gonna hypnotize me bitch” They get in a fight. Ali runs outside. Spencer runs after her. And POOF! Ali disappears and nothing is ever seen of her again. Dun dun dun.

Flash to 11th grade. The girls have grown apart. Aria, an odd fellow, has just moved back from Iceland. Hanna, revamped herself into a super popular girl. Emily becomes a superstar swimmer. And Spencer is the same over achieving girl she used to be. Then all of a sudden they start receiving text messages threatening with their old secrets signed “A”. Newsflash! Hanna used to be bulimic and now she’s shoplifting. Aria’s dad cheated on her mom with one of his students and now Aria is having an affair with one of her teachers. Emily loved Ali. Like lesbian love. And now she loves the new girl. Who knew all of this shit? Ali. But Ali is dead! How could that be!

Oh, side note: The whole book they are referring to the “Jenna Thing” which brought all of them together. Apparently the girls did something bad. The think Jenna’s brother Toby might now. Then all of a sudden Toby is with Emily. Then Toby kills himself. It’s all quite sad. So the girls are all relieved and like “Oh snap, thank god we dodged that A bullet” and then they all get a text message from A to end the book. GASP! What will happen next? Stay tuned for your dose of teen thriller drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment