August 4, 2010

The Pink Panther


When I was 9 Erik Lomen attempted to get me to watch this movie. He assured me that it was funny and I did not believe him. In fact, I was deeply upset to find that this Pink Panther movie was not a cartoon. Some fourteen years later I am appalled at my younger self. In that time I have discovered that Peter Sellers is not only an amazing actor but perhaps my favorite actor of all time. I have had the original Pink Panther series at my disposal for some time now and have yet to watch any of them. Being a huge fan of the modern remakes I decided it was time to dedicate some effort into discovering the originals. In this first installment of the Pink Panther series Peter Sellers plays the bumbling inspector Clousseau. He has to stop the inevitable theft of the infamous Pink Pather Diamond. The twist ending at the end of the film has me very confused and concerned for the sanity of the writers as to it makes no sense. I must continue to watch the series to see if it begins to make more sense. Also because Peter Sellers in this series reminds me of Ben Dorenfeld for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man. I love Blake Edwards and Peter Sellers - an unbeatable combination. Although I find that the Pink Panther series gets old after the third installment, you're still in for some good laughs.

    The next film, A Shot in the Dark, is by far my favorite of the series. Inspector Clouseau is on the case surrounding a mysterious string of murders that are linked to this beautiful woman who he's committed to prove innocent. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter Sellers...up there for top moustaches of all time.

    Also, I hate that there's an "o" in moustache.

    Also also, Google "moustache" and the second thing you get is "moustache ride". I love the Internet.

    ReplyDelete