February 13, 2011

Swordfish


I'm ten years late to this party, but yeah, Halle Berry's boobs were in this movie. Also, it was about some hackers and terrorists. But those three aspects of the film - hackers, terrorists, and Berry's boobies - are the three things I knew the film would have going in. I have to admit, I was a little bit impressed by the minor twist ending. Not because it was unique or original in any way, but because John Travolta's character essentially told us all how the movie would end in the first scene. The acting here was pretty iffy, especially for a cast that featured Don Cheadle, Hugh Jackman, and Halle Berry. Travolta has put forth plenty of stinkers, but may have been the best actor of all the leads. Ultimately, this wasn't a great movie, or even a particularly good one. But it wasn't as bad as I worried it would be, either. Let's call it a C-plus and get on with our Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment