August 30, 2010

The Hunger Games- The MockingJay


After Stanvick made it apparent that he was flying through these book I knew I must finish the third one in the series before he did, mostly because I had a formidable lead and I have been slacking on my posting lately. As Stan has yet to finish this book, and other may also choose to read it.... Marissa, I will not spoil any plot. I will say that this book picks up neatly where the last book left off with very little time elapsed between the two. I will also say that this book takes a good step in the direction away from the first two books without giving the reader the sense that it "came out of left field." Instead 0f telling you about this book I have decided to spend this short piece on how it made me feel. This book I can categorize almost entirely by itself. When I finish a book I get an immediate sense of accomplishment, typically followed by one of two emotions sadness that the book/ series is over and that my journey with the protagonist is over or relief that I forced my way through finishing a book that I did not overly enjoy but most likely did not hate (usually I don't waste my time finishing books I despise). This book however has left me with a feeling I have never felt before confusion, not necessarily confusion revolving around the plot of the story, that itself was pretty simple, but confusion as to what kind of message, if any at all, the author was trying to send with this book. The ending, not to ruin it for anyone else, was too much like life for me. I like a book that ends the way a story should either happy or sad not real. In the coming days I am sure I will settle into a decision on whether or not I really liked this series or simply tolerated it. I look forward to discussing it with others so please read on and share your opinions with me! NUFF SAID

No comments:

Post a Comment