August 4, 2009

Luxor 2


This was the fifth and final game included on the Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc that I bought a month ago. I bought it so as to acquire "Uno" and a Pac-Man game. But, for the sake of beating everything I own, I burdened myself with beating this game as well. And boy, what a burden it was. Remember Snood? That game where you shot colored faces at clusters of similarly-colored faces? This game was like Snood without any charm, level design, or replayability. The concept is similar enough - connect three or more balls of the same color and eliminate them - but there are 88 levels to plow through. I beat this game about 5 to 10 levels (an hour or two) at a time. There would have been virtually no reason for me to do so were it not for the quest to clear out my backlog. I can't recommend it to anyone. They didn't even try to make it fun or avoid repetition. In fact, despite there being 88 levels, there are only about 30 different actual level designs - the balls just move through them faster and faster in later levels. Not challenging, but super tedious. Also, it's one of those rare games for Xbox that awards achievements with point values that do not end in 5 or 0. I lucked into salvaging my gamerscore back into divisibility by 5, but if I hadn't, it would have only been one more thing to hate about this game. Oh well. It's finally over, and so is the entire compilation disc it came with.

No comments:

Post a Comment