September 30, 2013

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 3

I can't pretend I have much to say about this or any season of Curb Your Enthusiasm- just three seasons in and already my posts are getting stale. It's a funny show that is of course similar to Seinfeld, mostly with Larry criticizing social norms and committing his own faux pas and getting everyone around him very angry with him. It's a very consistent show, with no episode really all that much better or worse than any other. There's more light serialization here as Larry tries to open a restaurant with a few friends over the course of the season, and of course that's loaded with hijinks. The final scene in the restaurant was probably the funniest thing in the show thus far. This is by no means must-watch, but compared with what else is out there in the sitcom wasteland it's definitely well above average. And there you have it, my hot take on season three of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

2 comments:

  1. I got caught up at the end of August and skipped over my September goals. But they're back for October! I would like to post...

    Dragon Quest IV (nearly beaten)
    Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse (about halfway)
    Capsized (nearly beaten)
    Banjo Tooie

    A Clash of Kings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a bad case of "start it and quit it" lately, and a quick look at my backlog page shows I'm in the early portions of about five books and five games. I'll promise nothing in a month that will be dominated time-wise by my wedding and my honeymoon, but I imagine I'll get plenty of reading done with 24 hours of airports and airplanes on the horizon. Maybe a DS game or two, too.

    ReplyDelete