May 26, 2014

Step Up Revolution


I've watched So You Think You Can Dance since the very first season. I love good dancing. None of this Dancing with the Stars bullshit. I also love the Step Up movies. They are the best worst most formulaic movies with super awesome dance scenes and sometimes likeable actors and actresses. Step Up 2 (The Streets) is still my favorite I think.

A month or so ago, I spiraled down a You Tube worm hole of SYTYCD dances and Step Up dances. It inspired me to buy Step Up 3(D) and Step Up Revolution which I didn't yet own. I bought them both in 3D because we do indeed had a 3D TV which only Shrek and Uncharted have been utilized for in 3.5 years. I got all excited to watch Step Up yesterday and turns out one of our pairs of 3D glasses broke sometime in Move 1 or Move 2 or random other time and two of the pairs needed special batteries which we didn't have. Oh well, no 3D for us last night!

This movie is pretty fun. I think I like it better than Step Up 3 so I felt like watching this one before it's counterpart. Boy Meets Girl. Boy and Girl Fall in Love. Boy and Girl Have Epic Dances Together. Boy and Girl and Boy/Girl's Friend Have A Falling Out Over Dramatic Event. Sad Montage. Boy Wins Back Girls with Epic Dance Finale. Those are the Step Up movies in a nut shell, and you know what? I THINK THEY ARE WILDLY SUCCESFULL SO WHATEVER. Plus, this movie featured Sandy Cohen and the 3rd place contestant of SYTYCD  Season 6 and a Twitch a SYTYCD alum and a few notable cameos by Step Up 2 people. So It's great, you dig it?

1 comment:

  1. Who's coming to see Step Up All In on July 25th with me?

    "All-stars from the previous Step Up installments (except for the first one) come together in glittering Las Vegas, battling for a victory that could define their dreams and their careers."

    ReplyDelete