February 2, 2011

The I.T. Crowd: Series 4


I’m going to try and do this month right. There’s a lot of material that I’ve finished - or am near finishing - but have yet to post. It’s time to get off my ass, only to get back on it again, and do some blogging. Let the it be known that I will make the shortest month of the year the most productive.

Ah, British humor. You truly are hit-or-miss. And if you all have paid attention to my previous post about this delightful little romp you would have already known that this is an absolute hit! The humor builds throughout the seasons (ugh... sorry, series) crescendoing into an ultimate riot by the end of this volume. I could spend a great deal of time flushing out the characters and the sticky dilemmas they all get themselves in, but why bother. Even though I recommend this show in my last post about it, I highly doubt any of you have checked it out.

Have you? I didn’t think so.

So I’ll leave all the interesting little tit-bits of entertainment for you guys to discover for your own. Note: I’m not saying that this guy beats “Arrested Development” or, say, “Seinfeld” - those are absolute sit-com classics. Can’t be touched. But if you find yourself stuck at home in another snowstorm with nothing else to do, then why not pop it on. It’s on Netflix mother-fucker!

As for me. I’m going to bundle up my sandals and swim trunks in preparation for that arduous journey to the beach in this brutal 70 degree, sunny weather.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah? Well I got a snow day. So, no work for me, you silly California gurl.

    I believe Sweeney has indeed checked this show out and enjoyed it. I myself do not (yet) have Netflix and currently am without IFC, so my only options would be potentially illegal online streaming (bad quality!) or buying the series/seasons outright on DVD. And I can assure you, I almost did the latter. You could even check my amazon.com history for proof! Basically what I'm trying to say is, I will get to this show (but no time soon) and fuck you and your silly warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually when you posted this I had just finished season one. I refused to read it just in case you had posted some spoilers. I found seasons 1,3 and 4 on Netflix. Season 2 I had to torrent.I thought this show was pretty good but what is the deal with six episode seasons? Silly British!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the six episode season is a British standard, but it feels incredibly short by comparison. I mean, it seems like I could get caught up on this series - I mean on all of the series of this TV program(me) - in a day or two. But then, the American broadcast 22-episode seasons run a tad long. The perfect solution is, of course, the cable television 13-episode season.

    ReplyDelete