December 20, 2013

The IT Crowd: Season 4


The IT Crowd ended on a high note, saving three of its best episodes for last. It ended at the perfect time, leaving me wanting more after only twenty-four total episodes, which would amount to a single season of television in America. So, what's my takeaway at the end of it all? Where would The IT Crowd rank on a hypothetical list of all the TV shows I've ever seen? What's the legacy left behind here?

Meh.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed what I saw and would gladly watch more. They just made a series finale special that aired in Britain a few months ago, and I'll be sure to check it out at some point. The characters were memorable, the situations were absurd, and the jokes were more clever than the jokes I typically expect to get from a mutli-camera sitcom with a laugh track. I want to be clear here; I did not dislike The IT Crowd at all. But at the same time, it didn't turn out to be some hidden gem of British ingenuity up there with the likes of The Office. For my money, it's worth the twelve hours it takes to watch the series in its entirety, but by no means is it something you need to add to the top of your queue.

Alright. Workday over. Stan out!

1 comment:

  1. For those interested (Trev? Sween?), the series finale is now available on Hulu.

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/622636

    ReplyDelete