December 22, 2013

Moneyball


My dad liked this movie a lot. My mom said it was boring but interesting. If you like baseball, it's tough not to find something to like about this movie. But in the end, it's a lot of talking. A LOT. Brad Pitt is good in the role, I guess. I really liked Jonah Hill in it. Unfortunately for this movie, the A's didn't deliver and the ending of this movie was anticlimactic. Rather than watching the A's celebrate, we got a little side not that the Red Sox won in 2004 using the same strategies. Whatever. Moving on.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I had the exact same takeaway. And knowing what I know about the 2004 Red Sox, I know they had the second highest payroll in baseball that year and were also mostly built by Dan Duquette. It didn't ring true to me that GMs in 2002 were just all about RBIs and then suddenly by 2004 everyone was all sabermetrics all the time.

    ReplyDelete