January 12, 2011

Slap Shot


After being very disappointed in Caddyshack the other week, I was skeptical about watching another thirty-year-old sports-based comedy. But this one's been sitting on my shelf unwatched for several months now, making it one of my three or four oldest backlogged movies. So I gave it a shot. And I liked it. I didn't love it, but I definitely didn't dislike it or feel as though I'd wasted seven dollars or two hours of my life. It's a movie about minor league hockey fights, essentially, and with a fair share of genuinely funny scenes and punchlines. And there's plenty of Paul Newman. So what's not to love? There's not much else to say, really, so I'll leave now and let you get on with your Wednesday night.

1 comment:

  1. I get nostalgic for this movie because I saw it a bunch of times as a kid, and this should go without saying, but yeah. Stay away from the sequel. It stars one of the Baldwins.

    ReplyDelete