January 14, 2011

Grandma's Boy

The problem with waiting weeks between the time of watching and logging a movie is that I tend to forget everything about it. Still, I remember thinking this movie was pretty funny. Maybe it's because I was on a plane when I watched it and anything would seem entertaining compared to the in-flight movie (Charlie St. Cloud). Or Maybe it's because I was really tired and everything seems funny when you are really tired.

There's a monkey (who drives!), a bunch of old ladies, a hot chick, and pretty much every actor from Big Daddy. They play video games and smoke pot. It's not a really inspired story and a lot of the jokes miss the mark, but I can't help but love J.P. (a young prodigy in the world of video games who acts like a robot when he's nervous) and Mr. Cheezle (played by Kevin Nealon). I can't say I'll ever watch it again, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth a look I guess. You could do far worse in a comedy (see Knucklehead).

2 comments:

  1. Around five years ago it just seemed like too many people heaped too much praise on this movie. It was funny, but hearing various eighteen-year-olds all refer to it independently as "the funniest movie of all time" really oversold it to me. I thought the ending was especially weird and anticlimactic. But, yeah, JP was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover always reminded me of the cover for Animal House. Funny movies, both of them.

    ReplyDelete