January 17, 2011

Mr. Holland's Opus


Here's a feel-good movie from 1995 that I watched over the course of the weekend. And I have to say that I didn't hate it. I just didn't think it was as good as I'd heard it was. The plot was too typical, the acting too ordinary, and the story too bland. Basically, it's a semi-biopic of a man who spends his whole life teaching music instead of writing it, and then just as he's forced into early retirement, all of his old students from the past 30 years reconvene to tell him and show him how much they care about him and what he taught them. It all just seemed very standard and cliched, so much so that even though the movie itself was decent I can't really recommend it to anyone. Nothing special, you know? Oh well. The backlog has decreased by one yet again. Woo woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment