January 14, 2011

Fracture (2007)


I suppose you could classify this movie as a thriller in that I sure was thrilled when it ended. It wasn't a bad movie, but it was a terribly boring one. There's a difference. I mean, The Godfather is a boring movie, and yet it's regarded as one of the greatest films ever made. But this wasn't The Godfather. This was a simple legal drama in which Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling try to outwit one another in court. I just didn't find a minute of this movie to be exciting or entertaining. Well-written and well-acted, sure, but by no means a "thriller" in my mind. Oh well. When you buy obscene amounts of $2.99 movies, you have to expect disappointment every now and again. Jesus, 2010 was a bad year for me in terms of anti-logging movie purchases. But two weeks into 2011, I have yet to buy a new movie. I hope to keep that streak going strong well into the future. But we'll see. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment