June 19, 2010

Super Mario Galaxy

Wow. I've had Super Mario Galaxy hyped up to me for a while, mostly by Stan. I'm pretty sure he's claimed that it is the best game on the Wii, although it's debatable how great a claim that really is (hey-ooh). I suppose my favorite Wii game has been Resident Evil 4, but since that's a port it doesn't count. I can at least say that this is the best original game for the Wii. Galaxy is just awesome. The story is pretty bare-bones- the princess has been captured again, and it's up to Mario to save the day by finding a number of stars scattered throughout different galaxies. Each galaxy has its own theme of course, and while some were better than others, every level felt like the work of a genius. The level designs blew my mind over and over again, mostly with the way they played with gravity. Jumping from planet to planet was a blast and was perfectly suited for good platforming. Seriously, this game felt like Mario 64 on acid. Every level was fun and it can't be recommended enough. I think everyone on the Back-Blog has played it already though, so I guess this recommendation is a bit unnecessary, but whatever. Hopefully the next game I play is this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment