June 11, 2010

Brüno

If I had to recap this mockumentary with one word, I'd eschew the obvious choice - "gay" - for an equally descriptive one: "short." I wasn't expecting a three-hour epic, but when the credits rolled at just an hour and eighteen minutes, I was definitely left asking, "that's it?" Some people think this flick was funnier than Borat, but I totally disagree. It was certainly more scripted than Borat. And more one-dimensional, too. But it was in no way a funnier movie. If you still haven't seen Borat, I do honestly recommend it. But I can't call this one a must-see unless you've already seen Da Ali G Show and feel the need for closure with the Brüno character. I won't go so far as to call the whole thing a waste of time - after all, an hour an eighteen minutes is hardly enough time to be considered wasted in the first place - but there's really nothing you might need to see here that you can't find on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment