June 30, 2010

Wolves of the Calla - The Dark Tower 5


Ok! I'm horrible! I know! Stop yelling at me! Jeez. And in addition to not posting these weeks ago when I finished, I'm also not going to load a picture yet because I'm at work. I'm trying here people.

So, last I left, I was on a plane flight to Italy with three more Dark Tower novels to go. I finished Wolves of the Calla while in Italy. First off, it was very long. I think it seemed like the longest of the three. However, I did enjoy it. This book has a few main plot lines. The main plot line is Roland and his buds are trying to save the town's twins of Calla Bryn Sturgis from wolves. Slightly more complicated than it sounds. All the while, Susannah is deal with her "chap" and her personality is becoming split again. She also eats alot of raw meat (like frogs and pigs) while sleepwalking. How gross is that? Also, we are learning about Father Callahan and his time / world traveling past along with his interactiongs with ... vampires ... GASP! Don't worry though Stephen King wrote this far before Stephenie Meyer wrote about the glittering sexual vampires. So they are just normal. Kind of. Let's see, they are also traveling to different worlds in this book to save a rose. (It's not just any rose. It's special) All very exciting stuff. Overall, not alot is going on in this book, despite it being the longest, but it was definitely a book I wanted to continue reading. My biggest pet peeve is there is a battle in this book which lasts all of 20 pages (similar to Helm's Deep in LOTR). Why not devoite more time on awesome fighting?

So, before you start yelling at me again, I will conclude this post and write my next one. Read this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment