June 30, 2010

The Dark Tower - Dark Tower 7

Oh em gee. What's gonna happen? How's it gonna end? Who's gonna die? Will Roland reach the dark tower? Will Oy becoming more than just a talking dog? Well lemme tell you, this book is where to go if you want to know that.

So I was really excited to read this book. I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and I really wanted to know how it ends. The beginning half of this book is awesome. It starts off right where Song of Susannah ends with a vampire battle and Eddie and Roland trying to get back to Susannah, Jake, and Father Callahan. After that, Roland and the gang have to save the beams to the tower won't fall. We meet an old friend from Wizard in the Glass. Here's where it all starts to go downhill and the sobbing in my bedroom alone began. Then MORE crying. Why was Stephen King trying to purposely rip my heart out. What makes it even worse, is that Stephen King is again in the book. Being a jerk and not listening to his wife. Jeez. If you listen to woman, things will just go smoother for you, as this book shows. I really don't want to give things away so I'm being purposely vague, but the story continues. We part ways with some characters in one way or another, and the distance to the dark tower is getting shorter and shorter. Not to mention, there is a half good half bad "baby" chasing the gang on their journey. More awful things happen. And then the ending. Oh the ending. If any of you ever read this and would like to discuss it with me, I would be happy to. But seriously, I don't know if I like the ending. I really didn't expect anything, but I feel like this ending didn't really resolve anything. I am happy about one part of the ending. Involving Oy.

Side track! I love Oy! I want to name my dog when I get it Oy. He is seriously the coolest talking dog wolf bumbler ever. Plus, he's like really smart and can read minds and follow commands and do awesome things. He's also very brave. And furry and warm. What an awesome dog.

That's how I would like to remember this series. Oy.

Oy! Ake!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, I'm ready to get to the final book soon enough. I'm not counting on Trev moving past Book 4, and that might actually be for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Wikipedia:

    King said, regarding the Dark Tower series, "It's not really done yet. Those seven books are really sections of one long über-novel." Stephen King confirmed this during his TimesTalk event at The TimesCenter in New York City on November 10, 2009, and the next day King's official site posted the information that King will begin working on this novel in about eight months, with a tentative title being "The Wind Through the Keyhole." King noted that this novel should be set between the fourth and the fifth books of the series.

    It doesn't sound like much resolution, and I can't say I'm a fan of authors retconning series together out of publication order (cough-Narina-cough), but at least you two get some more Oy.

    ReplyDelete