June 30, 2010

Song of Susannah - Dark Tower 6


Ok ok, I still suck because I'm not even half done recounting what I have back-blogged.

This book is about ... wait for it .... Susannah! Susannah is my least favorite character so I was not looking forward to this book. She is just kind of annoying and schizopathic. She's in a wheel chair, but that has nothing to do with my dislike of her. SO this book was not as bad as I thought it would be because only half of it actually focused on Susannah. The gang (mainly Eddie who wants to save his love) try to go after Susannah but to Eddie's dismay, he and Roland are stuck in the "keystone" world with who else but STEPHEN KING! Yea, you heard it here (and also from Sweeney first apparently but I didn't read his entries on this book before I read them) Stephen King writes himself into his own books. Not only does he mention himself or the Red Sox in the passing, he becomes a pivotal character who has to indirectly help at saving the beam by, you guessed it, writing the Dark Tower Series. How awkward could it get? Like, you're not that cool Stephen King. I appreciate your work, but I don't think the beam was calling out to you to write this story. Honestly, that was the defining part of this book for me. Roland and Eddie in the keystone world somewhere around Lovell Maine are fun to read about and Susannah and Mia are busy with her chap. Guess what though? This is the second to last book. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment